 Year / 2001 / 342
Re: There WILL Be african-american figures in 2001?!? (or will they? 2002?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 04:17:24 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Nick Cameron writes:
    In the fourth Harry Potter book (The Goblet Of Fire), it clearly states
and I quote: "A tall black girl who played chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch
team, Angelina came over to them,". Angelina is mentioned multiple times, so
she will probably come in a set.

    Also (mabey more important), I was skimming through a Harry Potter
collectables book and I suddenly came apon a picture of lego bricks (basic
ones only, on a green baseplate, no harry potter)!!! It said that harry potter
legos will be released in fall 2001, had quotes from the lego company CEO, but
best of all..what we diddn't hear before (I THINK)...

DRUMROLL...rattatattattat...

THAT THE 9 SETS WOULD BE THE *FIRST* HARRY POTTER SETS!!!

    It may be ovbious, but this means that we will see more harry potter in
2002, mabey even 2003 and 2004.

    Let me know what you think (is LMKWYT an abbreviation for that?)

NICK (^D

The July press release
(http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=111&Year=2000)
mentioned a four-year agreement covering the first two HP movies and 9 2001
sets based on the movie adaptation of the first book.  Assuming the movies
are successful, that Angelina is protrayed the same way in a movie, and that
the agreement with LEGO is extended that puts a movie adaptation of the
fourth book (and any corresponding LEGO sets) quite a few years away.

Still excited to see these sets though!!

John