 Year / 2001 / 263
262  |  264
Subject:
I think I really am gonna stop collecting this garbage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 13:44:42 GMT

I never thought it would end, but after 29 years of collecting Lego (100%
Town complete; 80% Train complete), almost 1500 sets, close to 200,000
pieces, I need to seriously consider stopping to collect these absolutely
horrible pieces of garbage that Lego is putting out. Even the last few
years, especially Town sets, I've only purchased to stay "complete". But you
know, I really, really do not like the sets anymore. Lego has changed their
marketing and probably for good reasons. But I've been trying so hard to
continue collecting because I like what I collect - but not any longer.

Town, for all intents-and-purposes is no longer Town but instead a horribly
disjoint, non-cohesive bunch of crap sets that I don't believe exist in any
town anywhere on this planet. It's embarrasing putting a Town Jr. set next
to a 6390 (Main Street). And please don't get me started on Train Jr. I'm
really disgusted with it all.

But, on the positive side I can say this: I've amassed a collection of which
I am quite proud. Most Town and Train collectors would be quite envious. And
I'm going to save a lot of money! I also really like where MindStorms is
going and may get into it - I just wish I had more time for it. I also like
how Lego has introduced the "big" sets - the Statue of Liberty (SoL) and the
Big Lego Guy (BLG) <- can I get credit for creating these acronyms, Todd?