 Western/Wild West / 56
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 00:57:59 GMT

In lugnet.western, James Powell writes:
If they do put slaves in the sets the will be blasted
for making the only black minifigs slaves.

What about the Union army units that were blacks?  Sorry, I don't remember
numbers of units, but I know some boston (mass) units were all blacks.

Also, realize that the American Civil War was about a heck of a lot more than
Slavery...

   Sure it was. It was a war a long time in coming and the slavery issue that
was the match that sparked the fire. It was also a war about states rights
ETC. but my point was that if you dont put slaves in the sets TLC will have
trouble, and if you do put slaves in TLC will have trouble. TLC cannot win on
this issue, so they should just avoid the civil war and pick a fictional one.

-Rich