 Western/Wild West / 523
Re: Army strength
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:35:13 GMT

In lugnet.western, Don Cox writes:
In the miniatures rulebook, "Yellow Ribbon", a Cavalry Troop is 16 figures.  An
Officer, Bugler, guidon bearer, plus 3 nco's (1st Sergeant, Sergeant, and a
Corporal), plus 10 troopers.  The rules further state:  This organization gives
a nice little unit for a patrol in a 1:1 action, a weak cavalry troop at a 1:2
ratio, while at a 1:5 gives a strong post 1876 troop.

If I'm understanding this right, five patrols would be a troop. And a troop
would be roughly 80 persons. I like the division, but being that Legos are
in a mini scale, a troop or two would hardly seem to constitute an Army. I
like the actual make-up of the unit ( # of troopers, # of NCOs, etc. ), but
maybe it might be more appropriate to fudge the title a little. Just my two
cents worth.

For artillery, 2 to 4 figs per gun, one mini being a Sergeant.  If two or more
guns are present as in a battery, a mounted Officer would command.

Now this I definately agree. Maybe 4 guns per artillery platoon. 8 guns to a
company.

Any comments?

Hugh

Overall I like it. Thanks for the info. Might be time to do a little
re-organization in the ranks.

- Joe Nicely