 Western/Wild West / 482
481  |  483
Subject:
The Most Ambitious Western Project To Date
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:22:41 GMT

   Most people would probably think i'm crazy for this. Why would someone
take a just about dead theme and spend all his time and energy on it. I'm
not so sure. Call me crazy. Call me insane. Call me a genius. I'm going to
write a lego western epic. Yes , i'm also going to be building a western
town. This is a first isn't it? Maybe this will help Western get more notice
, maybe it will make it more popular. Western was the best thing LEGO had
going for them as of lately , and I was very sad when they stopped making
sets for it. You are all probably wondering what my "epic" is going to be
about , aren't you?
   Keep in mind I only thought this up yesterday. In the most simple summary
, it is about an orphan drifter , a sherrif about to retire , his deputy ,
and a farmer that join together to stop a group of bandits from robbing a
train that's going to be passing by town. I haven't iven the latter
characters much thoguht yet , but I do have the orphan's and sherrif's
stories down.
   The orphan : His parents were murdered a few years back when he was a
teenager , by the leader of a bandit gang (so naturally he would hate bandits)
Since then he's been drifting around the West , appearing to help a town out
with their problems and then leavign for another. He's only one man , but he
does what he can. Anyways he finds himself in another "small town smack dab
in the middle of nowhere", where he finds out they have a bandit problem ,
so he volunteers to help put them behind bars.
     The sherrif : The sherrif is in love with the mayor's beautiful
daughter , but he has to prove himself to the mayor before he can retire and
settle down with his daughter , so what would prove yourself more than
putting Flatfoot Thompson (the bandit leader ,at least that will be his name
for now )
and his gang behind bars?
    The other two like I said , haven't had much written about them. So what
do you all think? Does it have promise? Does it sound like it will bomb? I'm
open to any and all opinions.
  Bryan B.