 Western/Wild West / 459
Re: Tips On Getting More Confederate Soldiers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 03:30:14 GMT

In lugnet.western, Greg Perry writes:
For those of you interested in amassing more mini-fig Confederate soldiers I
thought I'd offer this tip on a great shopping find I found this week.  You
may have seen the many postings in the last 2 weeks about a store called
Tuesday Morning.  One of the clearance priced sets that is showing up in
stores is the polybagged set 5902: River Raft.  This 18 piece set includes
the Max Villano mini-fig.  This character has the dark grey torso with the
open collar shirt with 2 pistols stuck in the belt.  This torso goes
perfectly with the dark grey kepi and legs (and black neckerchief if you
like) from the Doc mini-fig in the Rock Raiders mini-fig sets.

I forgot to mention that the Max Villano head is perfect for a soldier.  Max
is one of the few mini-figs with an outright frown on their faces.  He has a
beard stubble and a scar on the right cheek.  The eyes have cool arched
eyebrows that are like inverted check marks. There are black, ruffled bangs
hanging down above the eyes. This really is a cool head.

(snipped myself)
This set also comes with some other keen elements that add even more bang
for the buck (and a half). There's a dark grey rifle, the large brown
opening backpack, a red snake, dynamite tile, red oar, map tile and the raft
if made out of brown pieces (!) - a 6x6 plate and 2 1x6 bricks.

There's no "if" - the raft iS made up of brown pieces.

(snipped away the rest of my original babbling)

And that really is it on this from me.  At least for now.

G.