 Western/Wild West / 387
Re: Gun modifications
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 08:02:38 GMT

In lugnet.western, David Little writes:
In lugnet.western, Joel Jacobsen writes:

<snipped>

I got to tell you that I loved your modifications.  You and Jon have made
the coolest shotguns.  I have got to try to make some myself.  I think that
mine will be a bit different tho.
Keep up the great work!
David

http://moiraine24.homestead.com/

Thanks, David!

I liked Jon's, too. I'm not quite sure how he did it, since the barrels
/appear/ to have been tappered down a bit back near the trigger area in the
one picture showing it on his site (Jon?). My version is a bit "blocky" but
I feel it is fairly true to form. I'd love to see what you come up with when
you get yours done. :)

One downside to trimming the guns as I've done is that when gluing the stock
back onto the guns - there is some plastic that is lost from the cutting and
filing to smooth it out, so a minifig hand has a very close fit to grip it.
It isn't bad, but LEGO made the original stocks just long enough for a
minifig hand and no more.. something has to give when you cut. =/ It's still
functional however.

BTW - I like your site. I've looked at it before, but I don't think I've
ever mentioned it. I love your custom Confederate soldiers and the Zulu's -
those are all just too cool. I couldn't seem to find a working link to
pictures of your Wild West town though...? There's one picture on the
townfolk page, and the hotel(?) looks really nice. Do you have more
pictures? I'd love to see them.

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm