 Western/Wild West / 33
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 06:05:09 GMT

In lugnet.western, David Little writes:
In lugnet.western, Shiri Dori writes:

However if they
were to make civil war sets with slaves I think that TLC would make the • slaves
with yellow faces just like every other minifig, just to keep its • neutrality.

I never heard that TLC only had yellow figs to stay away from race issues.  If
so fine.  But they shouldn't stay away from the Civil War just because of
slavery or race issues.  I mean this is part of our history.  What a great way
to put interest in our kids about something as important as this.  Remember
those who forget history are doomed to repeat it again.  I don't think that • you
should avoid doing something cause you are scared what people will think.  You
just have to use tact.  You don't HAVE TO put minifigs in chains for cryin out
loud.
Are we so clouded that we forgot what the Civil War was really about.  I don't
see how race is even an issue.  If lego wants to use only yellow figs to be
neutral fine.  Then just use tact on how you display the sets.  They showed
great skill in that department in the native american sets.

David

  I also think that civil war lego is a good idea, but I dont think that they
should have slaves in the sets. The civil war should was not just over slavery
it was also over states rights, and to this day some people in the south still
hold a grudge agenst northeners. The sets would cause too much controversy and
I dont think TLC wants that. However imagine a Grant and Lee minifigs, That
would be awesome!

-Rich