 Underground / 76
75  |  77
Subject:
New Minifig Pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 06:05:23 GMT

I quite welcome the new Rock Raiders minifig pack.  It shoulda been made this
year (it's still '99 in L.A.), but Lego has a habit of releasing minifig packs
in the second year of a theme, it seems (the ninja knights minifig pack is
proof of this).  I actually might buy several, and I don't usually buy several
of any Lego set (I'm into uniqueness of minifigs in my collection and such).
The extra heads and hats might work nicely in my town setup, and Docs' cap is
so Civil War era.  I could actually make a guy or two who could fight the three
cavalry guys from Wild West, who I've always assumed are Union guys.  Anybody
have a torso suggestion for a Confederate soldier; I'm not real sure what I
could use.  Furthermore, I have none of the Rock Raiders as it is, and want
them all without having to pay for the Rock Raiders HQ AND one of Axle's
vehicles (like the Granite Grinder).  This is the first theme in Lego's history
that they have made a complete minifig pack (containing all minifigs in one
theme), mainly because of the nature of the theme (it's a theme with five
well-developed characters).  It's especially nice to have Sparks the engineer;
it's a shame that he was only in Rock Raiders HQ before this, but this handy
little gem solves that problem.  Nice selection of tools, too; those will be
good for town mechanics (I don't collect Star Wars legos, even though I like
Star Wars; who doesn't?).

Mike