 Underground / 333
332  |  334
Subject:
Tolkien goes underground
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 18:45:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

In my previous post I asked what tech level counted as “Underground”. Just to open up a link to castle themes, here are scenes from Moria, the underground kingdom of the dwarves, from my Lord of the Rings project:

A Journey in the Dark

The Bridge of Khazad-Dum

more scenes from Moria

And also a couple of quicker takes from my Tolkien project:

Glittering Caves (scroll down)

Paths of the Dead

As you might notice from those pics, one of the things that I had fun with with underground scenes was the lighting. I used a blue lightbulb to give the glow to most of them, and a red bulb for the scenes with fire.

I’ll go underground a couple of more times in my Lord of the Rings project, as Sam will have to go through Shelob’s lair, and Frodo will have to go into the volcano in the crucial Crack of Doom scene. I’ll be sure to cross post those over to .underground when I do so.

Bruce