 Underground / 304
Re: rockraiders find...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 06:01:42 GMT

In lugnet.underground, Benjamin Medinets writes:
I recently won a rockraiders lot off e-bay...

1 4990 rockraiders hq, uncomplete (only the vehicle missing) but with
instructions but without box
1 4950 rockraiders bulldozer, complete with instructions but without box
for $38 plus shipping.

Last night eBay came through for us with a 4990 also. Not the great deal of
all times but supposedly MISB. ~$100.00

A few weeks ago a thrift store gave us the bulldozer, complete but for a
couple of routine pieces, for ~$3.00.

I think the 4990 can have future applications with trains, since it has a
nice looking baseplate... IIRC, it is the same as the one in the Leo's Castle
set but in a different color.  The "laser" light also is very cool.

Originally we were thinking of using the 4990 with trains. Now we have built
up a Mars scene with the aerotubes with some extension tubes and tied this
to the old 6990 monorail. It look like the 4990 will become a crystal
refinery for the Martian-mined crystals transported by the human-operated
monorail to the battle droid-ran refinery.

Now, where can we put the pirates, castles, town, Technic, Mindstorms,
Spybots, CyberMaster, Star Wars, trains and the two 6991 monorails?

Just posting this message.  It has been over a year since this newsgroup
got any activity.

Let's hope that the Underground Newsgroup can get a little life to it!

Cheers,

Ben.