 Underground / * (-5)
Re: 18 Compartment Storage Container
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.underground
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:53:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:

Hi All,
Here’s a great Harbor Freight sale! $2.00!

These things are fantastic for storing small pieces like mining equipment and crystals. They also make good storage bins for protecting collectable figures like rock monsters.

BTW, did you know that rock monster arms and minifigure arms are interchangable?

(x-posted to underground - they could use the traffic)

-Matt :)

18 Compartment Medium Storage Container

Transparent container has 18 compartments to organize and store plates and other small bricks.

Click for HF sale page

This storage container has durable PVC construction and latches that snap securely. 18 compartments are divided for organizing and storing a multitude of nuts, bolts, hooks, nails and other small parts. Transparency allows you to see whatfs stored without opening up the container.

Durable PVC construction
Transparent for viewing contents
Latches snap securely
Dividers can be moved to create custom size compartments

Individual compartments: 2-3/16” L x 1-3/4” W x 1” deep
Overall dimensions: 11-3/8” L x 7-3/8” W x 1-9/16” H
Shipping Weight: 0.60 lbs.

Re: Mind the gap! London Underground 0-6-0 Pannier Tank Steam Loco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.underground
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 23:28:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Tabner wrote:
   In my continuing theme of London Underground rolling stock I have turned to steam traction. This is a Metropolitan Line 0-6-0 Pannier tank loco. Their E and F class steam locos were becoming too old so London Transport Railways (now London Underground) bought two then another eleven of these locos for utility duties and they served there from 1956 to 1971. These last steam locos on the Underground.

The design is similar to other models of 0-6-0 pannier tanks but with the constraint of the use of dark red as the body livery. The cab windows, being done with technic brick 1x2s are currently black, with dark red ones on order (BL) as these are very rare in dark red. The lower half of the pannier section is completely upside-down and blocked in place. Unlike the other pannier tank models I seen, I have chosen to have the hinged third set of wheels (i.e. not the motor) at the front, so that the motor is central. I happened on the funnel arrangement by chance, it being the drum of a winch 2x2x2 mounted on a tile 2x2 with vertical pin. I have come to think that the model is actually not tall enough, so I intend to re-build it soon with one or two more plates of height in the main body and perhaps the chassis.

My next LU steam loco model is to be either an A class 4-4-0 or a G class 0-6-4, both of which are currently being worked (as this was) in MLCAD.

This model will be displayed at Brighton Modelworld (15-17th Feb) and hopeully in the rebuilt form at the London Transport in Miniature event (London Transport Museum Depot, Acton, London, 8-9th March).

PLMKWYT.

Thanks, David

David, the model looks great. I used some similar techniques when I built my 0-6-0 pannier tank engine. “Duck” from the Thomas the train series. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1652576

This is the near complete model, I later switched the roof to black tiles and lower, and swaped in green parts for those that are “painted” in the photo.

Mat

Subject:
Mind the gap! London Underground 0-6-0 Pannier Tank Steam Loco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.underground
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:49:52 GMT

[...]

Subject:
London Underground 1972mkII Tube Stock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.underground
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:19:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The 1972 tube stock was a minor evolution of the 1967 stock that was ordered for the Victoria line. The first batch (MkI) were for the Northern Line to replace 1938 stock. The second batch (MKII), while intended for the new Fleet (now Jubilee) line worked on the Northern until the former opened in 1979. Subsequently displaced by the 1983 stock the 72mkII replaced the ‘38s on the Bakerloo line, where they have remained to this day.

The cars were built by Metro-Cammell, a political order to save the company. There were thiry-three trains built, each of seven cars. These were joined on the Bakerloo line by some of the MkIs and the line-fleet is currently thirty-six trains. As with all Underground trains, they run on the 630v fourth rail system.

This is my second tube train model; the stock was chosen because it is, visually at least, the archetypal tube train. As with my other tube stock models the motor is hidden beneath a skirt on one of the cars. The design was challenging, as the offset doors cut into the body which creates complications with the structure of the car bodies as the strength had to be focused though the roof and a central section of the floor down each car, while at the same time attaching the doors securely.

The cars are joined by tow-balls and -sockets which makes the cars appear more semi-permanently coupled and realistically spaced apart. However, to actually run, they require replacing with magnetic couplers which add the necessary second hinge point to the couplings and space the cars out further for the curves of the track, which has been done on this model recently and will be retrofitted to all other tube stocks in the near future.

This model was first displayed at the Milton Keynes Lego Brand Store in the summer of 2006 and has since been displayed at the Brickish Association 2006 LLW Christmas Party, 2007 AGM, Petersfield Lego Show and Merrist Wood and Twyford Lego displays.

PLMKWYT

Ta, David

Re: London Underground Standard Tube Stock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.underground
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:41:41 GMT

David Tabner wrote:
This is my most recent tube train. I haven't had much time to build recently so
I've been putting more stuff online.

The Standard tube stock dates back to the 1920s. It was a series of tube stocks
which were designed to be cross-compatable. The first was the 1923 prototype
stock. That and the subsequent stocks produced through to 1930 were intended for
operation on the Edgeware, Highgate and Morden (now called Northern), Bakerloo
and Piccadilly lines. The 1931 and '34 stocks were built additionally for the
Piccadilly line extension.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DavTab/lutrains/standard/b.jpg>>

[...]

This model was first displayed at the Brickish Association 2007 AGM and has
since been displayed at Petersfield Lego Show and Merrist Wood and Twyford Lego
displays.

PLMKWYT

Thanks,
David

Well done. I really like the way you did the doors.

Chris

--
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjmasi/lego/

Learn about brittle bone disease