 Trains / Train Organizations / TCLTC / 114
Re: My Latest Iteration of Thomas the Tank Engine (with BBB wheels:-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 00:57:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, Tim David wrote:

   You are like those kids who think every loco is Thomas... whoops, wrong thread ;-)

But that’s humorously apropos! :-)

Thats a really nice interpretation. Interesting that you’ve not gone down the SNOT lining route, I’m still in two minds as to whether its a good thing on a model this size.

Thanks, IMO it is too small to snot lining. Even the 10 wide version I’m working on is too small. That, or I’m too lazy...;-)

   My impression is that the proportions are more those of Thomas from the film than Thomas from the Rev Awdrey book, which isn’t a critism, more an observation that you have looked carefully enough to capture them. No coupling rods?

Yeah, I’m working exclusively from the videos-- never actually seen an Awdrey book before:-0 I’ve seen a few pics from them, and it is my impression that the illustrations are a bit more “prototypical” in rendering than the vids.

As for the rods-- I hate the way the technic lift arms look, and Ross is too busy applying for college to consult. And that spacing looks rather tricky...

JOHN