 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 408
407  |  409
Subject:
I know of a builder moving to Bakersfield...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:29:13 GMT

Everyone,

A recent friend of mine, (actually a customer at the Atlanta LEGO store) is
moving back to Bakersfield, CA.  She's a builder, with a rather unique way of
building--she builds entirely by touch (yes, she does not have the gift of sight
like so many of us do).  As she's returning to the area after some time, I'm
curious if any builders in the Bakersfield area would be inclined to welcome her
into one or more of the local clubs?  She's a pretty nice person, and her
collection is a mix of LEGO, Megabloks, and some Tyco brick, Don't hold it
against her.. ;)

I explained to her that getting involved with a LEGO club is a great way that
you can make new friends and learn new building techinques.  I was able to show
her a few SNOT and angled roof techniques, and she was very excited to try them
out!  She may not be able to see her creations, but she's a pretty capable
builder, and has quite a bit of creativity to her!

If anyone would like to welcome her to LEGO building, please write here, and/or
drop me an e-mail to the above address (without the spamblocker, of course...),
and I'll be happy to put you in touch with her!

Scott Lyttle