 Trains / Train Organizations / 875
874  |  876
Subject:
NGLTC showing at Atlanta History Center Candle Light Tours this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:34:47 GMT

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club is presenting a layout at the Atlanta
History Center this Saturday (December 2nd, 2000). This is one of the more
unusual displays we have done. Our layout is in the one of the chidren's bed
rooms in the Swan House, this room is as big as my living room. We have a
15'x12' L-shaped layout along with our Kids Railway.

Wednesday was the preview party for supporters of the History Center, the
layout was well recieved by the guest of the tour, which was 100% adult. It
was fun to watch ladies in their black evening dresses and men in their
black ties playing with the bricks on the Kids Railway. This Saturday we're
expecting a more family crowd, with a lot more children.

Details about the show:

"Atlanta History Center Candlelight Tours. Annual Christmas event in the
center's candlelit gardens features living-history interpreters showing the
holidays during the Civil War. Also model trains, Rich's Pink Pig, music,
food and holiday decor in Swan House, a 1928 Classical Revival mansion, and
Tullie Smith Farm, an 1840s home and farm. Plus a look at the new exhibit
"Toy Stories: A Playful History of Toys," American toys spanning four
generations. 6-9:30 p.m. Dec. 2. $5-$15. (Preview party with cocktails,
refreshments and music. 7 p.m. Wednesday. $125.) 130 W. Paces Ferry Road
N.W. 404-814-4000."

We will post pictures next week after we recover from carrying all of the
layout back down the two flights of stairs of the Swan House. Pictures from
the groups efforts at the Mall of Georgia Mindstorm Tour will be posted also.

jt

-----
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club