 Trains / Train Organizations / 874
873  |  875
Subject:
distribution of show money
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:01:42 GMT

Hello again experienced train heads:
Two months after our (NALUG) first train show we have received a cheque for
almost $350 canadian.  This was totally unexpected, they didn't even give us a
hint that they would pay, let alone give us a formula for their calculation.  I
suspect it is a bit of a bribe to make sure we go again next year.  (Little do
they know, that we were planning to go again next year even without financial
incentive.)

I was wondering if your groups have any system for allocating payments for the
shows you have participated in. I don't want dikering over the money to take
away from the fun of holding a show.

The rest of the group suggests that I take a large chunk, since the tables were
all mine, I had to travel 200km, I supplied the skirting and the barriers.  I
was wondering if certain supplies could be purchased with this money, and
become group property.  In particular the skirting, and rope barriers, I am not
sure if I want to do this with my tables, since I am using 1/2 of them for my
permanent layout in my basement.  Perhaps use the money for all tables to be
made in the future, since our tentative layout for next year will need another
set of the PNLTC tables, more if we have a childrens play area.  Perhaps
mileage for those out of town, more important if we start having shows out of
Edmonton, (Calgary, which is 300km away has already approached us).

I was thinking of putting money towards setting up a childrens play area, but
several in our group are not keen on this idea.  The show I joined in Seattle
had a play area, and it seemed a big hit.  We aren't sure about this yet.

Thanks for your help.

Michel Magnan