 Trains / Train Organizations / 654 (-20)
  Re: The Spamcake Diner

(...) Simply awesome is what I think! And I don't mean just the Diner, which, having seen it in person, is wonderful in its own right. Your Spamcake Diner page is an instant classic, Tom. Now, what I would like to see you do is to franchise out the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Why do we (BAYLTC) want to display?

Why we build? Why we display? Great thread. Zonker is right, it's important that you know WHY you want to do something so that you get the most out of it. Mike wrote a great response which I mostly snipped One short interjection... (...) Mike's (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NCLUG's First Exhibit

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Fyuu21.6rC@lugnet.com... (...) exhibit (...) This is a little delayed but better late than never. I was reluctant to post until I got some pictures uploaded but since I lost my USB (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:FyzLuI.4Fr@lugnet.com... (...) looked (...) was a (...) I'd (...) matter (...) have (...) comment (...) Try Tim Courtney - he seems to get everything for free... :-) (...) at (...) (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)

(...) I think at the last GATS show we asked for and received $400. (Some shows also have competition between the layouts, with prize money for the winners.) We asked for the money guaranteed, and were still eligible for the prize money. Other shows (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)

(...) 1000 is definitely way too much, at this point. I think GMLTC typically looked for some amount that would cover the expenses (gas, budget lodging if it was a long way away from MSP, etc.)... 100 seems reasonable, maybe a bit more. I'd ask GATS (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  RE: NMRA show (the first of many?)

How much is a reasonable amount? $100 $1000? It would be nice if we looked more formal with skirt, large banner sign, maybe roped off build area. Use fee to buy skirt, etc? Mark (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)

(...) You guys rocked based on the pictures I saw. I would caution you to be selective in what shows you accept going forward. I have no comment on the Hayward thing in particular, but in general, pick the shows that will get you and the hobby the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)

Another "future" point that Mike & I talked about: a "drive-in" featuring a laptop showing a looping presentation of LUGNET train MOCs. This file could easily be created as a Powerpoint "pack & go" executable - it could even run on my Jornada 820, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)

(...) It depends on the date; I'm producing the West Coast A Cappella Summit on Nov 18/19, so that weekend is out. (...) I will volunteer for the Hayward event; I don't mind talking all day, either. We can figure out what to say.... I have enough (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What's up PNLTC?

Speaking of cars, I believe that I have my Black tanker car (Castle wall corners on their sides and 6 wide radar dishes on the ends) still there. I suppose you could slap a BAYLTC logo on it and send it to Portland. That would at least get it in the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's up PNLTC?

(...) Damaged boxcars? What type of damage? Which boxcars? If it's the decals on the GFLTC's boxcar, I can send you soft copies. Robin W. GFLTC (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's up PNLTC?

(...) Ahem, er no, they have not been sent yet, as they all just arrived in Mpls last week. They will be going out this week after some redecalling is done to damaged cars from the Kidvention. -John (J-2) (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's up PNLTC?

(...) The core members of PNLTC are _very_ busy with G2K stuff (rest assured!). I believe the boxcars have arrived, and as regards press coverage, I know Guinness is going to be there to make it "official", and that a live Webcam is planned. James P (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  NCLUG's First Exhibit

Tomorrow afternoon (8/6/00) the North Carolina LEGO Users Group will exhibit for the first time. The display will be set up a stationary caboose that belongs to the New Hope Valley Railway in Bonsal, North Carolina (about 15 miles south of Raleigh). (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  What's up PNLTC?

PNLTC members, There has not been any news recently on the PNLTC/LEGO Guinness record event in Seattle, Washington. What’s going on, is there anything new to report? Did you (PNLTC) get all of the ambassador boxcar and containers from GMLTC? What (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: record train

(...) The train is very impressive,the gas-turbine locomotive I've built has four motors.I wonder how powerful this would be in tractive effort? (My layout is way too small to test this!) -Harvey (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Edits of LUGMAP ready for review on Development Site

I have made my initial stab at changes to the LUGMAP and have placed them up for review on the LUGMAP development site: (URL) following is a list of changes please let me know if I missed anything. Followups to lugnet.org 1. Referances and links to (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.it, lugnet.org.nl, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Going to update the "LUGMAP" need your help...

(...) Here is one: The Dutch General User Group "De Bouwsteen" introduced it's own website recently. Could you please include the following link: (URL) "De Bouwsteen" on the European General User Groups page. Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Going to update the "LUGMAP" need your help...

(...) Sorry forgot that one too. I will add both to the update. Thanks, Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact