 Trains / Train Organizations / 50
49  |  51
Subject:
Dealing with GATS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 16:00:38 GMT

Show Displayers,

I am thinking of displaying a layout at the Great American Train Show (GATS)
in Tampa(Dec 18th). I mailed GATS and received a intreblank but it seems there
are two way to enter. I could enter the layout in the contest or as a
guaranteed payment. The contest info seems a bit vague, it seems that all
entries are judged in one group. The guaranteed payment does not seem so
guaranteed because they cannot commit until 30 days before the show, if at
all. If I should go with guaranteed payment way how much is to much? I will
need to rent a box truck, take off from work and drive 50 miles each way all
three days. The layout will be 8 ft x 16 ft in a glass cabinet and of course
all LEGO. What do you guys think, contest or guaranteed payment? How do the
clubs do it?
Thanks for your help,
Robin Werner

Other shows I have done (just pick on Train Shows):
http://members.xoom.com/robstorm