 Trains / Train Organizations / 2868
  Questions about doing a museum show

I'm looking to pick the brains of clubs who have done longer duration shows, especially at a museum. NovaLUG (Nova Scotia, Canada) has been approached by a museum, but the longest show we have done before was one day setup and two day display. In (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

In lugnet.trains.org, Gail Meagher wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> PNLTC (Now GPLR and PSLTC) did a few museum shows at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) (where I happen to work full time). One of our shows was just for one weekend, and (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

(...) Gail, The Vancouver LEGO Club is currently doing a display/show at the (URL) Museum>. It's on display June 3 - Aug. 19, 2006. We had a week beforehand to set up, and 3 days after to tear down. Items we provided: Artifacts related to the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

(...) BayLTC is currently on display at our sixth museum show. Our displays have ranged from one week to six weeks. We usually have at least one person at the layout on weekends, and the museum staff covers on weekdays. My cell number is always (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

"Gail Meagher" <685721@ican.net> wrote in message news:44B6734F.55F794...can.net... (...) NCLTC has done several displays at one of the local malls. Each time our display has been up, it has stayed up longer. We have done a 4 week, 6 week, and 9 (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

The GMLTC had our layout set up at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street Roundhouse for several months, it just about destroyed the club. We set it up late October 2005, and took it down in February. The museum is open on Wednesdays (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

Gail Meagher wrote: [...] (...) [...] (...) [...] Gail, From a person working at the SEE Science Center in Manchester NH where a LEGO railroad is running through a 19th century mill city. Motors will last "1-3 weeks. That is at 5 hours a day 7 days (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

(...) Either drive the whole set-up from an RCX with some sensors to detect when folks are present at certain places around the layout (no need for LDC here, just "power on / power off ability might be enough). If you don't like the RCX running a (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

Thanks everyone for replying with such great info and ideas. I'm a list person, so here's a list of some of what I've learned: - Best not to leave anything really fragile or difficult to rebuild out during the week when the museum staff will be (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

(...) .. Gail- I’m sorry I only just noticed your post on LUGNET regarding train displays at museums. SCLTC has been doing a 10-12 week show at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum every year since 2002. It’s the highlight of the year for us and we (...) (18 years ago, 30-Aug-06, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)