 Trains / Train Organizations / 283
282  |  284
Subject:
Abandoned Tracks (Was: Oops(was De-lurk))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 00:33:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Got any pics of your town? BTW, the WAMALUG town has an abandoned > track, • which I thought was an excellent touch...

The WAMALUG abandon track arose when the LEGO Outlet store got a few
cases of the old straight gray rails.  We're planning on putting in a
few old boxcars with 4.5v wheels and some hobos hanging about.
Of course, this camp may overrun if Kevin L. doesn't stop
building skyscrapers. :)

For some pics of the abandon track check out:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wamalug0100/part2/wamalug0100-066.html
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wamalug0100/part2/wamalug0100-067.html

Those are Wonderfull ideas for abandoned tracks, a good addition could be
remains of posts (a 2 x 2 brick along side?) or extra ties so each section has
4 ties rather then 2, break up some ties, by adding 1 x 2's and a few corner 2
x 2 plates, 2 x 4's and so on..
(plus a "rusty" boxcar (with some brownish tan decals) is a idea)