 Trains / Train Organizations / 2180
2179  |  2181
Subject:
NGLTC Festival of Trees Setup is complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 02:08:25 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

After two days of work the NGLTC has finished it setup of our tree for the
Children's Healthcare of Georgia Festival of Trees in the Georgia World
Congress Center in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. NGLTC members Lewis Valentine,
Scott Lyttle and myself decorated and setup the tree.

This is our second year to present a tree for the festival and we were given
the honor this year to be a "focus tree", which means our tree display is
set off from the other 200 tree displays and we were place at entrance to
the festival, also this year we went from a 7 1/2 foot tree to a 10 foot
tree. Our tree display is located in the same area as Eric Harshbarger's
models. Plus I did get a chance to add some minifigs to the base of Eric's
tower (and I was a bit nervous about knocking the entire tower over). Also
my container ship is now in place traveling under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Here are a few pictures from the setup, I will update them over the weekend
with more final setup shots of the entire festival. Hope you enjoy them:

http://www.ngltc.org/choa2002/setup/

The display will be open to the public following the pre-festival parade in
downtown Atlanta on Saturday December 7th through Sunday December 15th. If
you are in the area I would recomend you bring the family by the festival,
not only to see the NGLTC tree but to enjoy all the activies and trees at
the festival.

For more information about the festival visit http://www.choa.org

jt

James J. Trobaugh