 Trains / Train Organizations / 2140
Re: NGLTC Greenberg show pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 04:23:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.announce, James Trobaugh writes:

John was quite busy lately he impressed us with his array of UP trains,
including a extra large turbine:
http://www.ngltc.org/grnbrgnov2002/dsc00044.html
http://www.ngltc.org/grnbrgnov2002/dsc00046.html
http://www.ngltc.org/grnbrgnov2002/dsc00049.html
http://www.ngltc.org/grnbrgnov2002/dsc00050.html

Wow! A Gallery big blow! Wow! That's WAY cool. I can even overlook the tape
striping on the windshield as it worked out nicely!

Digging those other two UP diesels too. One seems vaguely Alcoish (the one
with the rounded cab roof and nose) while the other seems more EMDish (the
one with the sloped cab roof and nose).

Thanks for the compliments, Larry.  I really enjoyed building the Veranda
Turbine a.k.a. "Big Blow".  My inspiration for this model came from a new O
scale model that was shown in the November 2002 Magazine "Classic Toy
Trains" on page 136.  Stacy and I like the build the big machinery of the
golden years of Union Pacific.  I believe he has a challenger class
locomotive in the works to go along with his Big Boy.  Hey......I like my
sticker striping on the windshield.  :^)

You were close in guessing the other two diesels I built for the show.  The
sloped cab roof model is an EMD GP15 while the round roof/nose model is a
General Electric U36B.  The passenger UP diesels are F units A and B
respectively.

Just a side note for Steam fans.  I am happy to report that all of our steam
locomotives ran perfectly the whole show with no derailments.  That includes
both my 2-6-0 Camelback AND Stacys Big Boy!  Steam is making a comeback!

John Warren
  NGLTC