 Trains / Train Organizations / 2135
Re: How's this for an idea ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:41:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

I was looking through the SCLTC layout (by the way, was it Chris or Eric that
mentioned a full-size built up 3D LEGO terrain ... well, they have the real
thing here[1]), and came across a great thing that they have at their show(s):

http://www.scltc.org/pages/galleries/shows/02.11.09pasadenalayout.htm?2

Is anyone willing (and have the time to) make a sign before the show?  If so,
we can all submit some items that might be fun for kids (and adults ... you
could get away with some fun and interesting ones here) to look for.  Some
additional thoughts:

(1) Harry Potter on a broomstick
(2) Spiderman
(3) Great Cthulhu
(4) A Brothel
(5) A Guinness Truck

What is that one? Shaun makes a Guinness vanish? :-) Oh, you said TRUCK, not
trick.... the #4 item threw me off a bit, what can I say?

It should be noted that MichLTC has done these lists, for fun, the last
couple of shows. We print them on our handouts. WE think they're great but
not too many people have been actually trying to find the things.

GMLTC did this with a large sign as far back as 1999 or earlier, I wonder if
the sign works better to get people involved?

How many other clubs do this, and how well does it work?

XFUT trains.org