 Trains / Train Organizations / 1931
Re: Request For Comment -WILTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:57:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Alex Cruz writes:
This is a general request to see if there would be enough interest in creating
a Wisconsin LEGO Train Club (WILTC) in the Central/Southern Wisconsin area. I
am located in Madison which makes getting to either NILTC or GMLTC a bit of a
haul. If you are located in the area described, please respond to this notice.
I enjoy all things LEGO but I want to concentrate on the Train area since as a
child, I was very active in S. Fla. with N Gauge style trains. LEGO trains are
just more fun :-) Thanks.

The NILTC often meets in Milwaukee (and at other times in Crystal Lake, IL),
we have three members in southern Wisconsin.  So, please, join in!  And if
you want to start your own club, feel free :-)

Once we have done enough shows in the area, I think there'll be the mass
available for either a really huge train club or two clubs, one in Illinois
and one in Wisconsin.  Right now, 15 is probably the most liberal figure of
membership we can give, and that includes some 6-7 new members picked up at
two train events.  Those members haven't attended a meeting yet, so I
wouldn't count them as set in stone.

-Tim