 Trains / Train Organizations / 1521
Re: Congratulations, Larry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 02:03:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Matt Penney writes:
Congrats indeed Larry!  I have rarely seen any adult recognized in the Lego
Mania Magazine.  I have always admired you "train guys (& gals)" your work
is very impressive.  My father has an very nice collection of classic Lionel
trains and can't really visualize what you guys put together with...Legos.
One day we will venture up north and I'm sure we will both stand in awe.  My
hats off to all of Yall and your recognition, which was well deserved.

Thanks but on rereading the article I guess my issue is that people might
come away thinking that I had more to do with those stunning PNLTC pictures
(and the unimaginable planning and hard work that the PNLTC had to do to get
a Guinness record to happen in a very public place) than I actually did.

That's not fair to the PNLTC. Not at all. All *I* did for that was loan them
some track, and I didn't even pay postage because I happened to be in
Seattle at the time anyway. Moreover, I was too lazy to put stickers on the
bottom, so THEY did the hard work of stickering it for me.

So to the extent that it gives me undeserved credit for something it's not
good. (1) But I do thank you... Point your father at some websites.

1 - I do so many wonderful things that I deserve credit for,(2) I have no
need whatever for undeserved credit.
2 - Just ask me! I'll tell you all about it. :-)