 Trains / 12374
RE: Congratulations, Larry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:06:35 GMT

I was going to mention this yesterday, but I thought Lar's "ego" was big
enough already (GD&R); besides, he will just use it to plug MTW and further
his "Godlike" status. Oops, I just did that for him.

Maybe I should not say anything until our trade is finished. ;-)

BTW, Lar, have you considered selling "all" of your instructions in an "MTW
Collage"?

Maybe even selling kits with instructions and hard to find parts only?

Thanx,

Mark (whose wife said " Who cares!" to the price of the new Metroliner.)
Millère
LUGnet # 525
Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millère's Spares
<http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?i=MMillere>

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf Of
Jesse Alan Long
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 11:36 AM
To: lugnet.trains@lugnet.com
Subject: Congratulations, Larry

Larry Pieniazek, congratulations on being mentioned in the July and August
issue of LEGO Mania Magazine!  You, Larry, are on page fifteen of the July
and August issue of LEGO Mania Magazine.  I will reprint the whole article
for everyone who does not subscribe to LEGO Mania Magazine.

Spotlight on LEGO Trains:  All Aboard for Railroad Fun!

There's nothing as exciting as building your own model railroad and making
it run--just ask the members of the LEGO Train clubs all over the nation!
LEGO Train Club members build their own engines, train cars, and track
layouts, just for fun or to display them at model train shows.

"The fun part is creating your own creations by using your knowledge and
your imagination," says Larry Pieniazek, a member of the Greater Midwest
LEGO Train Club and the Michigan LEGO Train Club.  "Start by learning about
real trains, so that your models can become more realistic."

A great place to get started in this cool hobby is at a model train show.
Looking at what other people have built can give you great ideas for your
own creations!

The article also has some good pictures of the Pacific Northwest LEGO Train
Club.  These people must have used at least two or three million LEGO
pieces!
I thought that I would just mention the article to you and to congratulate
you on being in LEGO Mania Magazine.
Jesse Long
P.S.  If you already told people that The LEGO Company interviewed you, I
was unaware of this fact as I have been drawing new space vehicles for my
LEGO Space theme.