 Trains / Train Organizations / 1514 (-20)
  Re: LEGO® Train Splinter Groups

(...) When I meant bleak, it was on the part of the LEGO® Group itself. Not for us trainheads of course.-Harvey (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: LEGO® Train Splinter Groups

(...) As far as you knew. At this time last year the GMLTC was at the Kidvention, and the future to me couldn't have looked brighter.... (...) Well, you don't have to imagine what fans thought; go back and *read* what they thought. Your analogy (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  LEGO® Train Splinter Groups

IMHO, these are indicative that quite a bit of people are discovering that special magic that our beloved ABS trains seem to radiate. Already, the WLTG (formerly the ELTC) which I had founded, has nearly thirty members. I had no idea this would take (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

<snip> I think the LTC's & LUG's should go to multipe places each year, like a big place such as LegoLand. But the only stipulation would be that you need more advertisement, & more then one layout, thatly prove what you can actully do, it'll draw (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The Fest out West (was Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest)

tom wrote: <snip> (...) Nope. It will be the biggest exposition of LEGO trains the world has ever seen! People from around the world will be attending. Brad will be there to unveil some cool surprise (...maybe, but certainly there will be TLC (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: IOLTC (was: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest)

(...) That was then;-) We are now going by ILTCO:-) (...) Oh, yes. More than talk. We are going to make it happen. (...) Looking forward to seeing y'all:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

In lugnet.events, Eric Kingsley writes: <much good stuff snipped> (...) Or, "Ambassadors for the brick, with an emphasis on trains". I know the GMLTC spends *much* more time creating buildings, scenery, vehicles, etc., than we do creating trains. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on a few points I guess... (...) First I can only speek from experiance and that experiance is with NELUG. I agree some LUGs may not be as focused as others but you could say the same for LTCs I think. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  IOLTC (was: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest)

(...) I thought it was IOLTC. (...) Wasn't there some talk of a IOLTC event in Minnesota next year? I was hoping to combine this with our biannual Chicago road trip. And yes, that IS a Seattle to Chicago road trip with 5 small children. A monstrous (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

(...) See my post above. "International" refers to the membership. We are an organization of train clubs from different countries. (...) A city in which an LTC is based (or chooses to call its base). GMLTC- Minneapolis NGLTC- Atlanta GFLTC- (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

(...) Well, actually, the ILTCO is comprised of LTCs from Canada, Germany, Italy, and the US. *Where* we hold the convention is irrelevant. (...) Yes, and some Germans have said that they would come to the US to attend such a convention. Italy, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

(...) I think is already been said but an International LEGO Train COnvention that moves across country (USA infered) doesn't sound very international. Second what is an "LTC-hosted city"? Is Boston an "LTC-hosted city"? Technically there isn't an (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

(...) That reminds me of my first reaction to baseball's World Series. "So which countries are participating in this event?" Perceive well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

(...) Is it really right to call it INTERNATIONAL LTC if you just plan on touring the states? Germany has a rather large train contingent. USLTC, maybe. (...) Uh, that's what I've been saying all along ;-) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

Here's how I see it. 1. Brickfest has become a great event, put on by the WAMALUG. If I were them, I would have no desire to take their show on the road. It is a regional event open to anyone who wishes to come. 2. Those in the West should form (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: US Lug Event

John Neal wrote in message ... (...) very (...) can't (...) I think that Brickfest has been de facto a national event because so far it has been the *only* event of its kind. Once regional fests of the same type exist, Brickfest may either grow into (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  How about a Brickfest West?

Well, I've been looking at the pics of Friday's Brickfest activities on Brickshelf, and checking out the webcams, and I'm jealous! I wanna go too! How about a Brickfest Northwest? Anyone in Seattle up for organising something like this? I don't (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My take on the new 10016 tank waggon

(...) Glad you noticed, trains is trains you know-the more the merrier. And CDS is not a problem with me anyhow. -Harvey (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My take on the new 10016 tank waggon

(...) Nice work but (Compartmentalised Dork warning) why post to trains.org? (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My take on the new 10016 tank waggon

(...) I like the use of the Technic steering wheel as the valve!! Very ingenious! Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact