 Trains / Train Organizations / 1054 (-20)
  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) Right. That drawn track (and glowing cave, etc) have been there since the start of 9V. Mayhaps J2 is referring to catalog illustrations, though? PS, I heard I left my vitamins at Chris's, did you happen to get those? I wouldn't want to have to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) I assumed that TLC uses drawn/computerized backgrounds so that no one can claim they are being misleading about the contents of the package. For instance, on the 3225 Classic Train, they used drawn-in track instead of real track, because there (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Lego Trains photos on GATS site

(...) Yes, PNLTC (where the PN is Pacific Northwest, not Portland, but I digress...). We're showing at the Portland GATS again this year. Its on Feburary 17 & 18. I'm sure we'll tell you more about it as it gets closer, and we'll certaily post pics (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Trains photos on GATS site

(...) I'm fairly sure, yes, PNLTC. PNLTC has some lurkers who are here (both me and James M. are fairly active here, but are not really "active" club members...I'm still in the ANE, not PNW, and James lives in the desert somewhere) But, as a whole, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Lego Trains photos on GATS site

Looking at www.gats.com and was pleased to see Portland, OR Lego Train photos featured. (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

(...) I'd say a subset of gluing, but what about the electrical tape... :-) SRC StRuCtures (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show report

(...) It involves cutting but no gluing or painting! How about soldering--is that a fourth deadly sin, a subset of gluing (joining?), or is it just venial? Peter (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) Incedentially, we used some of the trees to stablize the plates. We placed trees on the four corners junctions of four plates to lock them into position. The plates were green and so were the tree bases. You might also want to dig up som 2x2 (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) A problem we encountered with wiring was wire length. Because we did not have enough long (Mindstorms) wires we had to place controllers in inconvienent places. If you are not a 100% purist you should consider making some long exteneders. Some (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Three Dimensions (was: Show report)

(...) I thought there was rule that at some point on the layout the trains had to cross over each other. ;-) The layout we are working on has a climb into a mountain, where a ski resort will be and three tunnels to provide transaction from scene to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Three Dimensions (was: Show report)

(...) I assure you, the GMLTC thinks in three dimensions. The layout we're working on now will have trains running at least four different heights, and maybe five if we can squeeze one more into the design... We try to put "interesting" things at (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) Email and we will talk.CWLeach (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) I think in 3 dimensions too but on a plywooder layout with no terrain, a bunch of ramps and bridges tend to make things look more toylike unless there is some clear justification for the bridges (to cross over another line for a plausible (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) Might I be able to borrow the trees (and any extra straights and switches) for Supertrain2001 one month from (yesterday and) today? SRC StRuCtures (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) <snip> (...) Quite right - as you should. Are we the only two here (now that Matt isn't around much) who think (of train layouts) in three dimensions? 8-) (...) I was planning to use multiple gapped controllers at Supertrain2001, but hadn't (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show report

(...) And in case it's not apparant, Lar - some folks appreciate your larger pics, so please don't assume from the negative comments that its not worth the effort - it is. Thanks, James (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Show report

(...) Since I haven't sat down and figured out how to automatically resize and rename a bunch of pictures at once inside of the tool I use, the time to reformat all of them wasn't available to me. So it came down to those or none. I chose those (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Show report

(...) You know perfumes are chemicals too! Oh...sure...all chemicals stink. Chris (cmasi@cmasi.CHEM.tulane.edu) (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) Thanks David.I actually had to finish it as the show was going.It didn't make the trip there to well.Most of it was done but before the show but transporting it took a big toll on it.I will redesign it a little to make it alot stronger.It also (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Show report

This is AMAZING -- love the airport! David "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G77JA4.7Mx@lugnet.com... (...) :-) (...) from (...) image. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact