 Trains / 9649
    Re: First Trains —Rich Thompson
   Not much right now. I forgot to post a picture of the front of the boxcar. It has clear windows to allow the RCX to receive IR commands. I have used the Lego remote to control the train. Eventually, the RCX will be the main power for the train and (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: First Trains —Jason J. Railton
   (...) Hmm. I tried powering my train motor off a battery box, connecting to the electric studs on the top, and it belted around the track. I guess you're using slow speed mode from the RCX? I'd be a bit worried about how much power the RCX can put (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: First Trains —Josh Baakko
   (...) Wait a minute, that Capicator (i think thats how i'ts spelt) can give around 3V! (...) Now that would be cheep... Josh (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: First Trains —Rich Thompson
   If I run my trains at 3v, then two Lego Solar Panels can provide ~3v. Looks like I have another project after this one. As for powering the RCX through the train track, I had not thought about having to run the controller full tilt to power the RCX. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: First Trains —Jason J. Railton
   (...) You're forgetting something important - as the load on the motor increases (e.g. pulling more weight), the current it draws will increase { Power (W) = Voltage (V) x Current (A) }. You only regulate the voltage with the controller, not the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: First Trains —James Powell
    (...) Actually, from what has been posted over in .robotics, it is not going to harm the RCX to use the track power, except if you have 2 or 3 of the outputs loaded down. The prefered input to the RCX is AC, because it contains internal diodes, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)