 Trains / 9405
  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) On freight trains in the US(specifically the FEC RR and probably others) they use an "End of Train" device that appears to onlookers as a small box with a slow flashing strobe light, although how you would configure the flash is beyond me. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Doug Pegram" <DPegram@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:G7twMo.Cu5@lugnet.com... (...) FRED! Flashing Rear End Device. Maybe that's just a Canadian thing, though... I prefer FRED to "EOT". :) Iain (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) Well, you could use roof lights from a 'Light & Sound' set, with the appropriate coloured cap on. Build it half in and half out of your rear wagon. It may flash a bit fast, and I'm not sure how it would work with track power so it may be best (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)