 Trains / 9127
Re: New Observation car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 04:10:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Even though I said that I wouldn't be doing any coach work for a while, I
built an observation car. It is almost done, but I decided to put up three
preliminary pictures anyway. I need to buy some doors, some windows, and a few
chairs to finish it off. My observation dome is for 8-widers only, and I think
the dome came out nice. I am pretty happy with the design. I used the 4561
windows on this model even though I really like the sideways windows everyone
has been using.

http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/NOLTC/coaches/ocar/ocar.htm

Chris

This is a beaut. Really reminds me of Budd stainless steel fluted even
though it doesn't have any fluting and it isn't stainless. But the way the
tail rounds around but not too much really is nice. Clever use of the large
thinwall panels.

++Lar