 Trains / 9121
Re: New Observation car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 01:05:07 GMT

James Mathis wrote:

Chris,

This is really cool.  Nice new window use for the dome.  Are you able to put
smooth tiles on both sides of the dome at the interface with the brick sides of
the car?

Too bad I don't have a better camera. The dome is surrounded by 1x2x1 thin
walls. The thin walls are attached to the car and the dome rests in the hole
created by the thin walls. There are thin walls at the front and back of the
dome too. Those thin walls are attached to the roof and they keep the dome from
sliding back and forth. The studs on the 3x3 diagonal plates help keep the dome
from rattling. So, the dome is not securely fastened to the car.

The overall look of your observation car is quite nice.

Thanks,
Chris

later,
James Mathis

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Even though I said that I wouldn't be doing any coach work for a while, I
built an observation car. It is almost done, but I decided to put up three
preliminary pictures anyway. I need to buy some doors, some windows, and a few
chairs to finish it off. My observation dome is for 8-widers only, and I think
the dome came out nice. I am pretty happy with the design. I used the 4561
windows on this model even though I really like the sideways windows everyone
has been using.

http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/NOLTC/coaches/ocar/ocar.htm

Chris