 Trains / 9107
  Re: More ramblings about the train contest

(...) Come on. There are some very talented people working for LEGO who can design what ever they feel like designing. Unfortunately, it does not seem like any of those talented people work in marketing. Chris (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More ramblings about the train contest

(...) Or that TLC has not decided to target sets at the adult train collector market... 4561 is a good set for the target market it's targeted to, which is the same market (or maybe SLIGHTLY advanced) that Town Jr. is targeted to. ++Lar (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More ramblings about the train contest

(...) Good point. Maybe the train line needs two levels, an almost Town Jr. level, and a regular old fashion Town level. I am not against LEGO marketing to AFOL's, but I don't think it is necessary. Chris (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More ramblings about the train contest

Most of the time a company will run a contest to gauge or spark interest in a product. I seriously doubt that they are trying to “steal” designs. They are probably trying see what people are doing with what’s currently available to help them market (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)