 Trains / 8941
Re: WORLD RECORDS at Braunschweig Train Event 2000!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 13:14:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

today the 5th LEGO train event was held in Braunschweig.

Looks like this event really rocked.

Yes, we all had lots of fun, but now - after not more than 60 hours we had for
bringing the stuff to the airport, building, playing, photo-shooting, talking,
eating and cleaning up again - it is all over again. Some of our guest are
still driving home with their stuff, others have arrived at home safely
already.
Now there will be needed just some more days of piece counting, cleaning and
sorting. Lots of the stuff has small transport damages, other things will be
torn down now, since noone is interested in exhibited sets like 2150, 4555,
4556 or similar. The future belongs to MOCs and lots of my train buildings will
be landing in my collection of loose bricks. :-/

I'm guessing that this fest was held at the airport terminal building?

Yes indeed: 500 meters away from the highway and very easy to find. We have had
7 big rooms, all new painted and with new carpet on floor:

1. 4.5V layout (blue)
2. 12V layout (gray)
3. 9V layout with ramps
4. corridor with over 25 meters of 9V straight track lines!
5. room to eat
6. Cologne room: MOCs, 9V + monorail layout
7. dealing and trading room

I spotted the blue VW badged loco which I assume was a Torsten special.

That one belongs (beneath a lot of other stuff) to Michael Schian from
Cologne.

Did I
also spot my weirded out adventurer's loco?

Yes of course: That's in fact a very useful engine for any layout where kids
demand to play on their own, since this small engine has both: it's a cute
design and worth to be displayed and it is very stable.

Very impressive fest.

After less than 3:30 hours of sleep last night I'm still a little tired, but
happy to have (mainly) organized the event. It is alway great to meet other
Lego® fans and see other peoples MOCs in real life.

Leg Godt!

Ben