 Trains / 8913
Re: Help with a classic train for Christmas tree
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 20:02:31 GMT

"Chris Comeaux" <aubeta706@yahoo-nospam.com> wrote in message
news:G6CHIo.H58@lugnet.com...
I am a big LEGO fan, but I've never been interested in the trains (mainly
because of the hefty price tag).  Recently though, I've thought about
putting a LEGO train around the base of my Christmas tree.  I wanted
something classic-looking, not very modern.  For starters, I just want a
basic set - train and tracks.  Could a train expert kindly give some
recommendations on qualified sets?  Thanks!

Chris Comeaux

PS  I looked through the LUGNET guide and so far 4563 looks the best.

I like 4563 a lot but so do a lot of people.  It regularly approaches $200
on eBay.  Odds of finding one in a store somewhere are slim (depending where
you reside).  Rumor has it that there will be some new train offerings soon
so you may want to wait.  4561 is (was?) available for $65 from
Wal-Mart.com, a good deal and a reasonable platform (when you factor in the
availability of blue train windows and doors from LEGO Direct) for building
your own train.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com