 Trains / 8753
Re: Announcement for Train Event in Braunschweig/Germany
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:40:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.loc.nl, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Hi Folks,

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/fgltc/fgltc4_a.html

Thanx for posting last years train pictures and their layouts. The designs
were amazing!!!  I appreciate the fact that you’ve created an English web
page for us Canadians and Americans to view.

It's not just for you people in North America and the few British fans: I want
to read the pages of any other AFOL worldwide and I want to make it possible
for them to read my pages. In my eyes, English is the only language, which is
worldwide spoken and understood.
Because of this opinion of mine, I have got some aggressive feedback from a few
Germans so far, but I would rather like to loose a fanatic German reader than
20 international ones.
The mother tongue (if not English) should only be used just as option for a
additional second version of the pages or if the site contains very specific
local information. But that's of course jaust my personnal view.

Regards,

Ben