 Trains / 8636
    Re: Need some help with some Train specs —Christopher Masi
   (...) straighten that term out, but I take it to mean that a modeler starts with a car/kit and changes the things in the kit to turn the kit into the model they want to make. I saw a very good conversion of a steamer to a cab forward steamer. The (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Need some help with some Train specs —Frank Filz
   (...) I'd call what we do somewhere between kitbashing and scratchbuilding. Another term sometimes used in the MRR hobby is kitmingling. To use a single term which would easily be understood by model railroaders, I would just say it's very much like (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)