 Trains / 8636
  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) straighten that term out, but I take it to mean that a modeler starts with a car/kit and changes the things in the kit to turn the kit into the model they want to make. I saw a very good conversion of a steamer to a cab forward steamer. The (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) I'd call what we do somewhere between kitbashing and scratchbuilding. Another term sometimes used in the MRR hobby is kitmingling. To use a single term which would easily be understood by model railroaders, I would just say it's very much like (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)