 Trains / 8584
    Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing —James Mathis
   To anyone interested in the details, I have now photographed the spring-loaded, close-coupled, shared mono-axle, coupler (wheh!) I use in my Amtrak Cascades model. The roof line on each adjacent passenger car is 26 studs long. This appears to max (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing —Holger Matthes
     Hi James, thanks for sharing your technic to couple your passenger cars together!! The pictures are really good - now i have an idea, how to build and use it. I am a bit busy at the moment, I will work it out later! After X-Mas we have a huge (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
     (...) spring-loaded, (...) Thanks for sharing these pictures! In fact a very clever design. Leg Godt! Ben (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing —Iain Hendry
     "James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:G565GG.G88@lugnet.com... (...) James, that is a beautiful train. Now some questions. :) What is the Cascade? I've never heard of this train type before! I can't tell, is it very new, or very (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing —James Mathis
     (...) One source about the Amtrak Cascade is Amtrak. Another is the Washington State Department of Transportation. Here are some links I've found: (URL) is a nice review of the Cascade written by a passenger in 1999: (URL) best photographs I've (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing —John R. Clark
   WOW!!!! As one who put in a good 20-30 unsuccessful hours trying to get the funky-shaped engines, the sweeping colored stripe, and the crazy monocoupler right, I stand in out front, ovating your accomplishments! I moved to Washington state a little (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing —James Mathis
   (...) I'm glad you like it. You are certainly welcome to copy the design. No issues. But, I encourage you to disrespect it ;-) Afterall, my design does not TILT! The TALGO is a pendular train, as you may know, and I believe the passenger wagons tilt (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)