 Trains / 8566
  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) I just looked through my pictures and I was surprised to find that I don't have any that show the sensor. I will snap a few close-ups tonight... I also like the idea of doing a more formal write-up with pictures, schematics, and part sources. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) I took a few close-ups of the sensor last night, and uploaded them to BrickShelf. Check out: (URL) first picture is the sensor itself with a few "common" objects nearby for scale. The second picture is my reproduction of the exact setup that (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) Chris, I was just wondering if there was a decline in performance in the enclosure as opposed to outside of it. The enclosure looks great! Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) No, there is no apparent decline in the sensitivity of the reed switch when it is encased in LEGO. In fact, the switch that I bought from Radio Shack was originally enclosed in a plastic housing, which I removed to reduce the bulk of the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)