 Trains / 8516
    Re: motorized points - finally got it! —Steven Barile
   Yippy I finally got it! I have created a motorized switch track that ran 100 switches via RCX without tearing the housing apart or missing firing! After 100 I got tired of counting and I just stopped it, so it might go for several hundred. It sits (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: motorized points - finally got it! —Ed McGlynn
     Very cool, Steve - glad you got it to work, and I'm looking forward to the pics. I've never tried rotating the motor vertically - doh! That allows the motor torque to be shifted to a different plane than the switch throw, so you won't have to use (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: motorized points - finally got it! —Steven Barile
   Here's some pics on brickshelf. Sorry that they are blurry, the digi-cam I have dosen't seem to do well at close range. (URL) No modifications where made on the switch! (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)