 Trains / 8387
  Steel Industry

I was working on my HO model railroad yesterday when a thought came into mind. Steel Industry. As large as a steel plant is, it would be a marvelous model with a huge amount of space and bricks required. Has anyone actually modeled a steel plant (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steel Industry

(...) I cannot think that anyone has. I don't have the area to do even a decent impression of one (esp. not with everything else I have :). I do have a working coal unloader (that might help), and I guess if you have HO models, you have photos from (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steel Industry

(...) Well the Blast furnace as a HO model is about 27 1/2" by 10 1/4". So since lego is about O, and HO is half of O. Just the blast furnace would measure 4 by 2 feet(27x2 by 10x2) THATS BIG, and thats just one component of the whole shabang! Well (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steel Industry

If I can fill in any blanks?? Please e-mail.. I work in a smelter. I have had this on my mind for a long time, just have not gotten creative to put something together. It would be a great idea.. I think you have to think big if you decide to go all (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)