 Trains / 7522
Re: MOC (Small) automated points with position sensor.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 02:12:16 GMT

Carlo -
This one's a winner in my book!
7-wide, set back from the sleepers, direct driven, rear exit wiring, etc.  Nice.
...more below...

In lugnet.trains, Carlo Ottolina writes:
Hello,

this automated point sports 1000+ cycles (175 msec switch time) without a
glitch.

It has to be controlled by an RCX, since it uses a switch to check point
position (if the point is stuck, it will retry two times and then go in
alarm mode).

Why the alarm mode if it's that reliable?

This is the right handed version, you'll have to do a symmetrical one for
the left handed point.

Drawback: the track is raised one plate above the baseplates. (This is my
standard....)

...my standard as well for RCX layouts, but not for interactive setups.
I'll post later on that subject - I've got a new design as well.

Please, take a look at: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=1438

--
Cheers
Carlo