 Trains / 7514
Re: LEGO Shelf Railway - Take 2.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:56:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
John Neal wrote: • <snip>
Yes, it is trey cool, Eric!  You did a very nice job.  Makes me kinda wish
my kids were just babies again.....not;-)

That's funny, the picture make me wish I owned an old victorian house.

Well on the serious side having an old Victorian is pretty cool and in terms of
the Shelf it made for some "interesting" angles (To the eye not to the saw
blade ;-)  The biggest benefit though is the High Ceiling which gave me a lot
of room to work with above the highest protrusion (The Window molding).

While I would have still done the project and no doubt enjoyed it I think if
this were done in a square room it might have lost something on the casual
viewer.  With all the angles and turns the train makes it makes for a much more
eye pleasing exhibit.

Now I just have to convince my wife to put one of these in the adjoining room
and connect them via a tunnel ;-).  OK that will have to wait a little while,
like until next summer.

<snip>

http://www.thekingsleys.net/nursery/zgr/

Eric Kingsley