 Trains / 733
Re: What about 2126 Train Cars set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 20:16:11 GMT

Bryan Kinkel writes:
While on the subject of the 3225 Classic Train, what a peoples thoughts on
the other currently available set, 2126 Train Cars?

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=2126-1 ?

Here is the S@H  breakdown:
6x Wheelset (5304) @ $3.50 = $21
4x Buffer/magnet/coupler (5303) @ $3.50 = $14
2x Bogieplates (5302) @ $2.50 = $5
2x Wagon plates[1] (5309) @ $3.00 = $6

Total for those items from S@H would be $46, which is $23.50 short of 2126
Train Cars pricetag.  Add 5 minifigs, 2 little cars, a dumptruck, and other
misc. pieces, not too bad of a deal - but definitely not as good as 3225 IMO
[2].

-Mike Ulring

[1] The wagon plates in 2126 are only 24 long, where as the red plates
available from S@H are 28.

[2] Mainly because it includes 6 red train windows, which can easily be valued
at $2.50 each when you include the blue train panes.