 Trains / 7273
  Picture of my SW8 diesel locomotive

This is my SW8 diesel switch engine. Many thanks to Rob Werner for suggesting improvements... (URL) is one of my two engines on my layout, the other I'll post sometime in the near future. Sorry about the layout picture, I kept encountering errors (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Picture of my SW8 diesel locomotive

I like it, but is soooo red. How about some black details? I like the air tanks. I like the horn. Is the stack an Axle Sleeve? Have you tried airplance windows instead of classic windows? Do 4x4 slopes exist in red? I think that would would better (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Picture of my SW8 diesel locomotive

(...) Red has always been my favorite color,I consider this a real attention-getter. As for the stack? Take one of the gate pieces from set 4561 and insert a 1x1 round plate in one end, you will find this to be a perfect fit. The fuel tank and the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)