 Trains / 7007
  161- it' s dead :(

Hi all, I just dug up my old 181 train set from the attic and was very displeased to find that the battery box -a.k.a. #161- does not work anymore. I tested the 181 4.5V motor, it runs fine. I tried to find out what was wrong with the battery box (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 161- it' s dead :(

(...) Just try to clean the contacts and use the sideswitch and bottomswitch each a few dozens time. Maybe its just a smaller problem of corrosion.... Ben (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 161- it' s dead :(

(...) Thanks, will try that, any hints for a good anti-corrosive? I'm not sure what the contacts are made of. Looks like some copper alloy, but then again that may be because of the corrosion :) -Wessel (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)