 Trains / 6967
6966  |  6968
Subject:
Questions about train details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 03:13:13 GMT

Hello,
     I am currently building a train layout in my basement and some
questions came up that I'm wondering if anybody knows the answers.  The
first question is about cabooses.  I know that they usually carried a red
light on the back to show the end of a train but did they have any other
colored lights on the back such as green?
     I in looking at photos of actual large train stations in cites
(Louisville's L&N in my photo) I noticed that most of the train tracks fork
off parallel to each other and all come to a dead end at the back of the
station.  I might build my station in a similiar fashion but I can't for the
life of me figure out how passenger trains turned around at the stations to
leave on their next route.  I don't see any turn tables in any pictures and
just simply putting another engine on the end wouldn't work for streamlined
cars that had the rounded ends.
     Oh yeah, that makes me think of another question.  Does anyone know how
Ben Fleske rounded off the end of his last passenger train car on his
daylight train?  I've been trying to figure out a design of my own for days
and I'm still unsatisfied.
     Thanks for all of the help!

Build on!
  John Warren