 Trains / 6874
Re: And more new mocs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 19:37:50 GMT

Thanks for calling attention to your new models.  Very nice!
Amazing techni-colors!

later,
James Mathis

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Each wheel is made of two parts, the inside is a 4x4 round in drk gray (from
SW "Y" wing) and the outside is the top of a black 4x4 turn table. The
underside of the turn table top has nice detail not show in the cad drawing. I
used a steak knife to pry off the tops. This config has the studs facing
inward. Also there seems to be red turn tables as well if red hubs are desired.

I added another pic to my Brickshelf under Coaches at:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=SEBarile
It is a LeoCAD rendering of the driver wheel assembly; thanks Leo!

BTW there is also a second method the make a driver wheel by using 2 technic
hubs ganged together with technic black pins; these are the hubs that
basically have no good use. I added another pic to my Brickshelf under Coaches
at:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=SEBarile
It is a LeoCAD rendering of the alternate driver wheel assembly; again thanks
Leo! These are the same hubs used in the propane tank under Freight on my
Brickshelf.

SteveB
PNLTC

What pieces are you using to make up you drive wheels?

John Warren