 Trains / 6873
    best train set for starting out —Curt Helmerich
   I've been a Technic fan for a long time and am now looking to get into getting some of the Lego train sets. Could anyone recommend which sets might be the best one to buy starting out. I was thinking one of the larger main sets along with some extra (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: best train set for starting out —James Powell
     (...) Best set to start with, of the current sets, would be a 4565. Get a extra box of straight track, and a box of switches, and ask one of us for a controller. I'm not sure, but I think if you ask nicely, you might be able to get the set for a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: best train set for starting out —Harvey Henkelman
   (...) Curt, Set 4565 is definitely the way to go. I've recently discovered LEGO trains, and bought 4559 first. Hard to make freight equipment out of that set,managed to make a 'critter' and a pair of depressed-center flatcars,but that's it. Since (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)